The Entrepreneurship Development Club (EDC) at GISAT is promoted by the Govt. of Kerala Directorate of Industries & Commerce to foster techno-entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment. The mission of the EDC is to “develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture among the stakeholders and to foster growth entrepreneurship amongst the students, faculty and the society at large “.
Objectives of the EDC:
• To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs.
• To create Entrepreneurial culture in the institution and other institutions in the region.
• To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
• Collaboration with other national organizations and institutions.
• To organize entrepreneurship development and awareness programme.
• To undertake research studies and identify technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities
Functions of EDC:
• To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college.
• To initiate innovative student projects each year for innovative product development.
• To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies etc.
• To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
• To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
Startup Boot camp
In December 2014, the edc was recognised as the startup boot camp by Kerala Startup Mission(formerly, Technopark Business Incubator-TBI) and Startup village. As part of this recognition, we have been receiving funds from Govt of Kerala for entrepreneurial activities in college. The startup boot camp is conducting workshops and camps at regular intervals in the college. The team of staff in the ed club are constantly interacting with students to develop their ideas that can transform them to entrepreneurs.
Nodal officer: KIRAN G KUMAR, Asst Prof – Department of CSE